Skip to main content

ONWARD TO PORTUGAL PART 1

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting & Exciting Ferry News!

Current Irish Ferries Flagship WB Yeats. I’m Yet To Experience This Magnificent Vessel Well, interesting and exciting to me! Ferries and shopping has always been one of my weird obsessions, always has!  My initial reaction to this news was ‘Good lord, this is a surprise & ‘they’re mad’’ but when you stop to think about it Irish Continental Group via Irish Ferries are VERY good at what they do. It takes a lot of skill to keep their position on the profitable Irish Sea for as long as they have, with the fleet they have. So rather than think ‘they’re mad’ I now feel sorry for P&O! (DFDS will be fine whatever happens, as a ferry company they don’t need Dover - Calais (& Dunkirk) in the way P&O do). So exciting times on Dover - Calais I reckon. And could be a great move for them as with the huge number of customers they already have that cross via Dover being able to tie them in with F - U.K. - IRL deals means that potentially they have a ready made customer base. I imag...

Is It OK To Be Unambitious?

Is ambition essential? Should we always strive for more? Some of us just don’t want to.  In my office last night bopping away to music writing a PowerPoint Driver CPC course and I just realised how happy it makes me. I never expected to find something that would switch me on as much as driving did but somehow I have. That's key with an ADHD addled brain...stuff needs to switch you on. If it doesn’t it’s pointless trying to make it as it never will. It's why my brief period as a transport manager was a disaster! That & fact I don't want to manage anyone. I'm the opposite of power hungry, I'm power allergic, I don’t want to be in charge of anyone, ever. Unfashionable to say in this modern world but all I want from my little business is a comfortable happy life. No ambitions to grow it, no ambitions to employ anyone, no ambitions to get rich. I’ve never actually had any interest in money at all. Happiness is my currency. Also explains why I’m usually broke! It’s ta...

Lukes Weekly Listening w/e 16th of June 

Hello chums. Second installment of my weekly listening post. I was on holiday with a friend in America last week and thankfully for £5 a day Vodafone let me use my phone as if I'm in UK, so we drove around streaming 6 Music & Radio 4. Firstly the Today Programme. In my humble opinion it is the best news programme out there. The joys of iplayer meant we could listen as we set off in morning. If I don't listen to at least an hour my day feels off kilter. Radio 4 Today Programme 21/6/17  (This is today's) Farming Toda y - Another programme I love which is on before Today is Farming Today. If you have any interest in the world around you and what we eat you'll enjoy your 15 minute daily segment  Tweet of the Day  - Who else but Radio 4 would create a little slot called Tweet or the Day and make it about bird sounds!   The Untold  - The Untold is often great, though I find Grace Dents whisper somewhat irritating Our Man in the Middle East  - Our Man in the M...