Skip to main content

PRETENTIOUSLY UNTITLED PART 4

Hello friends. Heres the final part of this little series. Its a bit of a long one as I wanted to get this series out the way to make room for the next one. Me, Bertie and my lorry Michelle are at the All Wales Truck Show this weekend in Carmarthen this weekend. My god it is so bloody hot! I don't know how the drivers opposite me spent all day polishing! I was sweating after hal an hour. Anyway I digress, the show will be the subject of a future video so do look out! I will post some pictures of my favourite trucks at the show early next week. And feel free to comment below and let me know what you think. Comments have died down a little on the site and it would be nice to see some more! ONWARD


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Driver CPC Customer Digital Download Pack

PLEASE LEAVE A REVIEW IF HAPPY! (*if not let me know so we can resolve your issue!) No need to sign in or give your personal details. PLEASE LEAVE REVIEW HERE Top Tips Videos Guides EU Drivers Hours Guide Load Security Vehicle Weights Guidance Driving Licence Categories DVSA Driving Goods Vehicles Guide Highway Code Forms & check sites Check Driving Licence Become An LGV/PCV Driver (Application Forms) LGV/PCV Medical Forms Check Driver CPC Hours Report a Company or Driver Find a Weighbridge Social media TikTok Facebook www.twitter.com/lukevernon www.instagram.com/lorrydriverdotcom https://youtube.com/@lorrydriverdotcom https://www.linkedin.com/in/lorrydriverdotcom Click on images below to enlarge and save. Hope to see you again soon! PLEASE LEAVE REVIEW HERE! (No need to sign in)

#News: New DAF Released

Hello one and all. So after much talk the new DAF tulip wagon has been released. It’s rather good looking. The dash has had an entire revamp too making it so much more useable. Digital dash as is becoming the norm now. Bed much more useable. DAF already had the best bed in the business the past 20+ years so it’ll be interesting to see how this one compares. Also I think the extra window in the passenger door is a fantastic idea, though I can hear the drivers moaning about it already! The other day I was thinking about the Leyland Roadrunner. Remember they had an extra window in front? I was wondering why that never caught on. Personally I want as much visibility as possible. Also I imagine many will say how similar it is to other trucks. Fact is a truck now has very specific features that dictate what they look like so there’s fairly a small amount of flexibility designers have. Fuel consumption, cooling, GVW, safety all trump aesthetics.  https://linktr.ee/lorrydriverdotcom  ...

#ThrowbackThursday: The Londoners

So as you may have seen I’ve been writing much more recently, I love it and I’ve had some really great reactions to these stories of my past so here’s another one! Videos will continue but I’m pivoting more and more to writing, hopefully going to do a lot more for Truck & Driver and possibly other magazines, watch this space! Always open to constructive criticism or offers of assignments. #ThrowBackThursday. So just before Christmas I mentioned my time at Davies Bros, my first driving job. They ran buses and also had their own European tour department, and this was what I was aiming for. I passed my PSV at 19, back then you could get it at 18 but only drive local service bus routes till you are 21. When I turned 21 they started easing me in to coach work with London Express trips. Basically they ran a coach daily from West Wales to London, you’d park up 10 hours then drive back. Needed to be two drivers and the most I think I ever remember taking down was about 6 people, so the wri...