Skip to main content

TRUNDLEWAGON CLEANLINESS

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is It OK To Be Unambitious?

Is ambition essential? Should we always strive for more? Some of us just don’t want to.  In my office last night bopping away to music writing a PowerPoint Driver CPC course and I just realised how happy it makes me. I never expected to find something that would switch me on as much as driving did but somehow I have. That's key with an ADHD addled brain...stuff needs to switch you on. If it doesn’t it’s pointless trying to make it as it never will. It's why my brief period as a transport manager was a disaster! That & fact I don't want to manage anyone. I'm the opposite of power hungry, I'm power allergic, I don’t want to be in charge of anyone, ever. Unfashionable to say in this modern world but all I want from my little business is a comfortable happy life. No ambitions to grow it, no ambitions to employ anyone, no ambitions to get rich. I’ve never actually had any interest in money at all. Happiness is my currency. Also explains why I’m usually broke! It’s ta...

#ThrowbackThursday; Where It All Began….

 #ThrowbackThursday - So if you’ve followed me for long you will already know I’ve had a rather ridiculous career working for every man and his dog, driving everything from vans to rigids to artics to drawbars to buses and coaches. I’m really proud of my bonkers career, it’s been absolutely amazing! But, my driving career didn’t start on the road, it started on a landfill, in a Moxy! For pretty my whole childhood Dad was a mechanic who drove on the side. I used to spend lots of time with him, going away in lorries or spending the weekend with him in the workshop. One job he had was for a local plant hire company and this was one of the best as back in those days when no one really cared much about H&S, I got to drive and play with machines in the yard. It got to point where I could lift engines and axles etc with pinpoint precision with the mini digger, helping Pops. Can’t dig a hole to save my life tho! One day one of the bosses saw me gently lifting the engine back into a Mox...

The Growth of Women in the Fleet Industry

Hi there! I'm Elle, a guest blogger for Luke. I'll be writing about women in the fleet industry today - and if you fancy reading more from me, you can check out my blog .  The fleet and lorry industries have always had the tendency to be dominated by male drivers and male workers. However, these preconceived notions have been dramatically challenged during the last decade, with more and more women breaking into the fleet industry than ever before. There are now a growing number of female roles within this competitive environment and it seems as if this trend is only beginning. Let us take a look at some prime examples of successful women in the Fleet and trucking industries, and how they’re pioneering a growth of gender equality in a primarily male-dominated industry. Women Business owners are leading the way Whilst many years ago, most large Fleet companies were owned by men, there are more and more companies growing and expanding – that have women founders. One example of thi...