Skip to main content

Lukes Weekly Listening List w/e 4th June 2017

Hello chums, hope today finds everyone well. This is a new idea, I spend my days listening mostly to the radio and am always on the lookout for new programmes or music to listen to, esp radio drama. So I'm going to post links to stuff that I've enjoyed each week. If you heard anything not mentioned that you'll think I'll like please feel free to tell me in the comments. Also feel free to review the content I've linked to. 

DICK FRANCIS, PROOF, BBC R4 Extra

The Count of Monte Cristo is one of my very favourite stories, this version is particularly good -

THE COUNT OF MONTE CRISTO BBC R4 Extra

Charles Dickens is always a welcome listen -

CHARLES DICKENS

Something more modern. This is a beautiful tale - 

THE CURIOSITY CABINET

Tommies based during WW1 is a great piece of radio -

TOMMIES

Home Front too -

HOME FRONT

Anyone who's followed me any length of time will know how much I love The Archers! Linnet running soap IN THE WORLD! -

THE ARCHERS

Just A Minute and News Quiz are always brilliant -

JUST A MINUTE

NEWS QUIZ

Musically Arcade Fire released a new track and video this week, as expected brilliant. One of my very favourite bands - 

ARCADE FIRE SPOTIFY

ARCADE FIRE VIDEO

ARCADE FIRE TOUR DATES

I also revisited one of my favourite albums and enjoyed memories of one the the best gigs I ever attended, Arcade Fire at Glastonbury -

REFLECKTOR

I tend to listen to Blackstar at least once a week! - 

DAVID BOWIE BLACKSTAR

And after reading an article about The Killers revisited their albums. I'd forgotton how f**king great The Killers were -

DAY & AGE

Slow Burn from Bowie hugely underrated Heathen album is a beautiful track, recently the unreleased video was put out. It's just Bowie singing, but I still find that sight captivating. And it him no longer being here still breaks my heart -

SLOW BURN VIDEO

So, that's it for this week. And comments or suggestions of your own please leave in the comments, I'm always interested in others suggestions. 

#ONWARD!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Driver CPC Customer Digital Download Pack

PLEASE LEAVE A REVIEW IF HAPPY! (*if not let me know so we can resolve your issue!) No need to sign in or give your personal details. PLEASE LEAVE REVIEW HERE Top Tips Videos Guides EU Drivers Hours Guide Load Security Vehicle Weights Guidance Driving Licence Categories DVSA Driving Goods Vehicles Guide Highway Code Forms & check sites Check Driving Licence Become An LGV/PCV Driver (Application Forms) LGV/PCV Medical Forms Check Driver CPC Hours Report a Company or Driver Find a Weighbridge Social media TikTok Facebook www.twitter.com/lukevernon www.instagram.com/lorrydriverdotcom https://youtube.com/@lorrydriverdotcom https://www.linkedin.com/in/lorrydriverdotcom Click on images below to enlarge and save. Hope to see you again soon! PLEASE LEAVE REVIEW HERE! (No need to sign in)

External Transport Manager

Greetings friends. Just to let you know I’m available as an external transport manager in the Wales traffic area. Happy to do just the standard external TM thing or integrate it with social media promotion for your company. Pop me an email and we can have a chat about your requirements luke@lorry-driver.com   https://linktr.ee/lorrydriverdotcom