Skip to main content

Looking To The Future……..

So, here goes then!


I’m a LinkedIn novice, having spent a lifetime as a driver!


Background- after a serious car accident in 2020 that very nearly killed me I started thinking about the future, as you do when you came so close to not having one!


Driving was my dream job, I’ve driven so many things from minibuses and coaches to trucks & vans and even plant machiny like articulated dumper trucks & diggers in a career that crossed 20+ countries in Europe from Portugal to Hungary to Norway to Finland to Ireland and everywhere in between so many times over a near 25 year career.. I had the time of my life, it was amazing, but……


I’ve done all I dreamed of. My CV looks ridiculous because I wanted to experience everything, which I did. But this has left me wondering what’s next? Do I simply repeat everything over the next 20 years. Which would be easy but not fulfilling or do I strike out on a new path? I’m choosing the latter.  


I’m incredibly experienced as a driver but obviously not much else and I know it’ll be far from easy, but I’ve never been content to take the easy path, easy is boring. 


This post is simply a long winded way to put out there that I’m hunting for new challenges away from driving. The areas I think I’m best at would be marketing, social media, education & maybe sales. I want to stay in the transport industry and working for a truck manufacturer would be ideal but obviously this isn’t set in stone, nothing is.


I’m under no illusions, I know and accept I would be starting at the bottom, that’s only right. I’m not expecting to be parachuted into a managerial role..


What can I give? When switched on by something I’m unstoppable. Super reliable, if I say I’ll do something I’ll do it and incredibly enthusiastic about any job I choose.


As far as marketing and sales goes I have built up very popular blog and have a big social media presence. I’ve been a YouTuber 13 years. I also regularly write for Truck & Driver magazine as well as setting up and running my online Trucking Stuff store, I’m quite good at merchandise!


So. There goes…..it’s out there 


luke@lorry-driver.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Driver CPC Customer Digital Download Pack

PLEASE LEAVE A REVIEW IF HAPPY! (*if not let me know so we can resolve your issue!) No need to sign in or give your personal details. PLEASE LEAVE REVIEW HERE Top Tips Videos Guides EU Drivers Hours Guide Load Security Vehicle Weights Guidance Driving Licence Categories DVSA Driving Goods Vehicles Guide Highway Code Forms & check sites Check Driving Licence Become An LGV/PCV Driver (Application Forms) LGV/PCV Medical Forms Check Driver CPC Hours Report a Company or Driver Find a Weighbridge Social media TikTok Facebook www.twitter.com/lukevernon www.instagram.com/lorrydriverdotcom https://youtube.com/@lorrydriverdotcom https://www.linkedin.com/in/lorrydriverdotcom Click on images below to enlarge and save. Hope to see you again soon! PLEASE LEAVE REVIEW HERE! (No need to sign in)

External Transport Manager

Greetings friends. Just to let you know I’m available as an external transport manager in the Wales traffic area. Happy to do just the standard external TM thing or integrate it with social media promotion for your company. Pop me an email and we can have a chat about your requirements luke@lorry-driver.com   https://linktr.ee/lorrydriverdotcom