Skip to main content

Michael McLaughlins Volvo FH v1


Hullo all. Like most of us these days I spend an inordinate amount of time online, esp since I’m married to my sofa currently so I see a lot of truck pictures. A LOT! Some amazing trucks out there but this one shared on LinkedIn this week blew me away. Freshly restored, beautifully standard. As you know I’m not a fan at all of spot lights and bars, if you are and it’s what makes you happy go for it, but it often feels like I’m the odd one out. So when one like this comes along she almost stands out more for what is not on her. Plus I love a flat top lorry! Probably I think with the black Leyland Interstate on the show scene my favourite classic Truck. The colour is insane!

The owner Michael from Coleraine has been a www.lorry-driver.com follower from the start it turns out so you never know I may see her in the flesh at some point as I’m hoping to do a trip to Ireland in first half of next year. https://www.linkedin.com/in/michael-mclaughlin-aabb991a2

The brilliant pictures are by David Bennett Transport Photography https://www.facebook.com/davidbennettphoto 








Have a great day all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#News: New DAF Released

Hello one and all. So after much talk the new DAF tulip wagon has been released. It’s rather good looking. The dash has had an entire revamp too making it so much more useable. Digital dash as is becoming the norm now. Bed much more useable. DAF already had the best bed in the business the past 20+ years so it’ll be interesting to see how this one compares. Also I think the extra window in the passenger door is a fantastic idea, though I can hear the drivers moaning about it already! The other day I was thinking about the Leyland Roadrunner. Remember they had an extra window in front? I was wondering why that never caught on. Personally I want as much visibility as possible. Also I imagine many will say how similar it is to other trucks. Fact is a truck now has very specific features that dictate what they look like so there’s fairly a small amount of flexibility designers have. Fuel consumption, cooling, GVW, safety all trump aesthetics.  https://linktr.ee/lorrydriverdotcom  ...

Is It OK To Be Unambitious?

Is ambition essential? Should we always strive for more? Some of us just don’t want to.  In my office last night bopping away to music writing a PowerPoint Driver CPC course and I just realised how happy it makes me. I never expected to find something that would switch me on as much as driving did but somehow I have. That's key with an ADHD addled brain...stuff needs to switch you on. If it doesn’t it’s pointless trying to make it as it never will. It's why my brief period as a transport manager was a disaster! That & fact I don't want to manage anyone. I'm the opposite of power hungry, I'm power allergic, I don’t want to be in charge of anyone, ever. Unfashionable to say in this modern world but all I want from my little business is a comfortable happy life. No ambitions to grow it, no ambitions to employ anyone, no ambitions to get rich. I’ve never actually had any interest in money at all. Happiness is my currency. Also explains why I’m usually broke! It’s ta...

#ThrowbackThursday; Where It All Began….

 #ThrowbackThursday - So if you’ve followed me for long you will already know I’ve had a rather ridiculous career working for every man and his dog, driving everything from vans to rigids to artics to drawbars to buses and coaches. I’m really proud of my bonkers career, it’s been absolutely amazing! But, my driving career didn’t start on the road, it started on a landfill, in a Moxy! For pretty my whole childhood Dad was a mechanic who drove on the side. I used to spend lots of time with him, going away in lorries or spending the weekend with him in the workshop. One job he had was for a local plant hire company and this was one of the best as back in those days when no one really cared much about H&S, I got to drive and play with machines in the yard. It got to point where I could lift engines and axles etc with pinpoint precision with the mini digger, helping Pops. Can’t dig a hole to save my life tho! One day one of the bosses saw me gently lifting the engine back into a Mox...