Skip to main content

Another Ticked Off The Culina Shopping List ☑️

 
CULINA GROUP ACQUIRES LEADING EUROPEAN TRANSPORT BUSINESS INTERNATIONAL ROAD FERRY

Culina Group, the market-leading provider of shared-user FMCG logistics services, has announced an agreement to take over International Road Ferry (IRF) as from Tuesday 3rd January 2023. The terms of the agreement, including consideration, have not been disclosed.

International Road Ferry is a major player in the transport market with offices in Rotterdam, Grubbenvorst (Venlo), Felixstowe and Thetford and specialises in unaccompanied transport between Great Britain, the Netherlands, Germany and Switzerland both full loads and part loads. 

The business has over 25 years of experience in the unaccompanied transport to and from these markets and their knowledge, local offices and short communication lines guarantee first class and reliable customer service.

Culina Group has significantly strengthened its position in the European Logistics Sector with this acquisition. 

International Road Ferry will benefit from Group ownership which will provide investment and job retention whilst bringing an entrepreneurial spirit.

“International Road Ferry and Culina Group are complementary businesses, both are strong organisations with well-earned reputations in the industry and hold similar values. This is a great fit which is going to be beneficial for both our staff and for our clients, whilst making Culina Group a key player in European transport”, said Thomas van Mourik, Culina Group CEO,

“It goes without saying that we are acquiring some excellent people, contracts and facilities. This move significantly expands our European network and will enable us to benefit from synergies and efficiencies that will improve our service offer to customers even further.”

Going forward it will be business as usual for International Road Ferry which will sit within Culina Group’s Stobart Intermodal operation headed up by Arthur Koutstaal as Managing Director.

Raf Hustinx, Stobart Europe Managing Director, will be assisting with finance and reporting.

“Culina Group recognises that it is investing in a highly successful business with its own great spirit. Our aim is to now support our growth trajectory with the added infrastructure and resources of the overall Culina Group. The combining of our two businesses will create major opportunities for significantly growing market share.” said Antoine Ligtvoet, CEO, International Road Ferry.

The primary aim for Culina Group is to ensure that all current and prospective customers continue to benefit from market-leading levels of service.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is It OK To Be Unambitious?

Is ambition essential? Should we always strive for more? Some of us just don’t want to.  In my office last night bopping away to music writing a PowerPoint Driver CPC course and I just realised how happy it makes me. I never expected to find something that would switch me on as much as driving did but somehow I have. That's key with an ADHD addled brain...stuff needs to switch you on. If it doesn’t it’s pointless trying to make it as it never will. It's why my brief period as a transport manager was a disaster! That & fact I don't want to manage anyone. I'm the opposite of power hungry, I'm power allergic, I don’t want to be in charge of anyone, ever. Unfashionable to say in this modern world but all I want from my little business is a comfortable happy life. No ambitions to grow it, no ambitions to employ anyone, no ambitions to get rich. I’ve never actually had any interest in money at all. Happiness is my currency. Also explains why I’m usually broke! It’s ta...

#ThrowbackThursday; Where It All Began….

 #ThrowbackThursday - So if you’ve followed me for long you will already know I’ve had a rather ridiculous career working for every man and his dog, driving everything from vans to rigids to artics to drawbars to buses and coaches. I’m really proud of my bonkers career, it’s been absolutely amazing! But, my driving career didn’t start on the road, it started on a landfill, in a Moxy! For pretty my whole childhood Dad was a mechanic who drove on the side. I used to spend lots of time with him, going away in lorries or spending the weekend with him in the workshop. One job he had was for a local plant hire company and this was one of the best as back in those days when no one really cared much about H&S, I got to drive and play with machines in the yard. It got to point where I could lift engines and axles etc with pinpoint precision with the mini digger, helping Pops. Can’t dig a hole to save my life tho! One day one of the bosses saw me gently lifting the engine back into a Mox...

Australia Getting A Big DAF!

Australia is getting a 660 DAF. I wonder if we will see them on our shores eventually. DAF have never really played the big power game and left it to Volvo Trucks & Scania till now. The big XG+ with 660hp would be an incredibly attractive prospect. https://bigrigs.com.au/2023/05/19/first-look-at-daf-xg-660-at-brisbane-truck-show/