Skip to main content

Hello from sunny Portsmouth

Good day to one and all. Not an overly exciting week from a blog update point of view but nevertheless I've a few pictures. I hope life finds you all well and your enjoying the weather. I for one think the weather is insane and want autumn to hurry up! I want cold crisp days.

Started the week by loading coils of steel wire. Too ages to strap down 11 rolls. I was using 2 straps on each whereas everyone else was using one. It just seemed to me that one didn't look enough. Plus of course you can always under strap something, but never over strap it.


Did a short one to France this week. Tip and reload Le Mans. Shipped there and back on Brittany Ferries Portsmouth Caen route. Brittany are one of my favourite ferry companies. A lot of drivers don't like them as we have to pay for food but I've always said I'd rather pay a bit for good food than get crap for free. And the food is very good. Plus finally they've learnt how to fry eggs!


Just got on boat here on Saturday morning. All the birds across the estuary were singing and it was the beginning of another beautiful day. Moments like this looking at those views always make me remember how great it is to be alive. Sat by the window eating breakfast watching the sun come up. And a very fine breakfast it was too.


On a 24 hour break in Portsmouth now. So as is usual I went for a wander. Spent far too much money, again as usual, but the waterfront in Portsmouth is very nice. Watched the ferry come in, sat in the sun, had a drink and so on.


Who'd have though there was an HMS Vernon? I'm going to go and google it now! (Vernon is my surname for any that don't know)



So that's it for this week. Holly the lorry is a year old on Thursday, so I'm going to film a cooking video to celebrate.

Oh and how many branches of Subway are there in Portsmouth?!! I counted 4. That's nuts!

Have a spiffing week one and all.

ONWARD!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Driver CPC Customer Digital Download Pack

PLEASE LEAVE A REVIEW IF HAPPY! (*if not let me know so we can resolve your issue!) No need to sign in or give your personal details. PLEASE LEAVE REVIEW HERE Top Tips Videos Guides EU Drivers Hours Guide Load Security Vehicle Weights Guidance Driving Licence Categories DVSA Driving Goods Vehicles Guide Highway Code Forms & check sites Check Driving Licence Become An LGV/PCV Driver (Application Forms) LGV/PCV Medical Forms Check Driver CPC Hours Report a Company or Driver Find a Weighbridge Social media TikTok Facebook www.twitter.com/lukevernon www.instagram.com/lorrydriverdotcom https://youtube.com/@lorrydriverdotcom https://www.linkedin.com/in/lorrydriverdotcom Click on images below to enlarge and save. Hope to see you again soon! PLEASE LEAVE REVIEW HERE! (No need to sign in)

External Transport Manager

Greetings friends. Just to let you know I’m available as an external transport manager in the Wales traffic area. Happy to do just the standard external TM thing or integrate it with social media promotion for your company. Pop me an email and we can have a chat about your requirements luke@lorry-driver.com   https://linktr.ee/lorrydriverdotcom