Skip to main content

YouTube ads and Facebook page

Good morning everybody from a damp and overcast Northern Ireland. Just a couple of things to mention. First of all is adverts. I dislike adverts on websites, especially ones like this which is just a little blog, which is why you won't see any. But they have appeared on a couple of my YouTube videos and I shall tell you why. Gather round children! It's because of the music. The music in the videos is of course not mine, so instead of YouTube pulling the videos, which they can and do, they pop adverts on them. So normally if a video maker wants to 'monetise' (I hate that word) their videos they get 55% cut with YouTube taking 45%. With these ads the relevant record companies get my share. Which is good, I'd much prefer that to the videos being taken down so it's all good.

Also for those of you that haven't yet seen it this site now has it's own Facebook page. If you look to the right you can see a link to it, you can like it without leaving this page, so please do as my ego is very fragile and needs the confidence boost of lots of likes!!! (I'm joking, maybe). It sounds like I've got grands ideas when I say this but I want the Facebook page to be something of a community page. This website is where I'll keep posting my videos, updates, pictures etc but with the FB page I want everyone else to contribute, and they already are. So if you come to see us feel free to post pics, comments, ask questions or anything you like. It only has two rules - it has to be truck related, and you have to be friendly. There are plenty of places on the interwebs where people insult each other and generally get very angry. I want this to be nice and friendly, it's fine to disagree and put alternative viewpoints but please do it in a friendly manner. There, have I said friendly enough?! Also swearing is fine but only too a point. I swear as much as anyone but don't want to see the site covered in swearwords! WON'T SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN! God I'm sounding like a tyrant already. So all in all I want the Facebook page to be about all of you with your content. I'm also planning to rotate the profile picture with yours that you upload. And I'll link back to here when I've new videos and the like.

So today's thought for the day -BE NICE!! Toodles.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Driver CPC Customer Digital Download Pack

PLEASE LEAVE A REVIEW IF HAPPY! (*if not let me know so we can resolve your issue!) No need to sign in or give your personal details. PLEASE LEAVE REVIEW HERE Top Tips Videos Guides EU Drivers Hours Guide Load Security Vehicle Weights Guidance Driving Licence Categories DVSA Driving Goods Vehicles Guide Highway Code Forms & check sites Check Driving Licence Become An LGV/PCV Driver (Application Forms) LGV/PCV Medical Forms Check Driver CPC Hours Report a Company or Driver Find a Weighbridge Social media TikTok Facebook www.twitter.com/lukevernon www.instagram.com/lorrydriverdotcom https://youtube.com/@lorrydriverdotcom https://www.linkedin.com/in/lorrydriverdotcom Click on images below to enlarge and save. Hope to see you again soon! PLEASE LEAVE REVIEW HERE! (No need to sign in)

External Transport Manager

Greetings friends. Just to let you know I’m available as an external transport manager in the Wales traffic area. Happy to do just the standard external TM thing or integrate it with social media promotion for your company. Pop me an email and we can have a chat about your requirements luke@lorry-driver.com   https://linktr.ee/lorrydriverdotcom