Skip to main content

Lukes Top Tips!

Good morrow one and all. Now before I start I'm not for a second putting myself up as some sort of all knowing oracle! I'm just a tit that's happy to make a fool of himself on camera.

Anyhow as you may have seen I have started dropping little hints and tips into my videos after getting messages for new and wannabe (I hate that word) drivers who find them useful. So I'm gonna do a few videos that revolve around tips and hints. I soon will be buying a tiny camera that fits over the ear like a Bluetooth headset so I can film what I see and have both hands free.

So what would you like to see? Again I'd just like to remind people I'm not in anyway a trainer or the like, I'm just an everyday driver doing an everyday job. I just want the tips to be stuff that'll help a new driver along when he's passed his test and is starting out. When I started out I had my Dad on the end of the phone and I'd have been lost without his advice but many new drivers don't have this so I'd like to help if possible.

I'll do stuff like hitching up, reversing, fridges etc. just wondered what else people want to know about. I've never done tankers or car transporters but I've pretty much had a go at everything else!

So let's see how it goes and I hope you don't think I'm a know it all big head.

Leave comments below anonymous or otherwise. Thanking you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Driver CPC Reviews

So the courses are going fantastically well, interesting, with good participants the time seems to fly by. And surprise surprise I’m actually fairly OK at it! This post is where people who have been on my courses to leave a review in comments for promotional purposes! Have a great weekend all. Driver CPC Book H ere

#TruckingDiaries Big Truck, Big Load, Big Hills!

So, was only 3/4 years in the making but here it is! Hope it’s worth the wait, I’m quite pleased with this one. www.buymeacoffee.com/lukevernon   https://linktr.ee/lorrydriverdotcom    

Top Trucks No. 3

This is number 3 in my top truck countdown, as if anyone is interested in my waffle. So back in 2014 Volvo Trucks launched their new innovation, the Dual Clutch, basically it means seemless power transmission as it can pre engage the next gear meaning the revs don’t need to drop. As you’ll know I’m a huge fan of autos so this seemed rather exciting to me. I mentioned online about how much I wanted to drive one but that it may be a while as it was a cost extra. At this point Martin Tomlinson at Volvo Trucks UK messaged me to ask if I’d like their demonstrator for a week. You can guess my excitement! I got even more excited when Whites Transport Services Ltd who I was going to be using it for gave me a run to Italy, the Alps being the ultimate test for any vehicle. So, off we went max weight with a fridge full of lambs. Being a demonstrator from HQ meant this had every conceivable extra fitted and it was fantastic! The dual clutch turned out even better than expected. Not having to drop ...