Skip to main content

A Midweek Update & Radcliffe & Maconie!

Good morning one and all. Just on the ferry in Holyhead and now happily full of breakfast! As many of you may have heard I was on The Chain on Radcliffe & Maconies show on 6 Music yesterday. Was brilliant, they were fantastic to talk to and I really enjoyed it. Plus it gives me another chance to bang on about how bloody fantastic 6 Music is on here. So there be a link below if you fancy listening to me ramble on. Listen to the whole show if you've 3 hours to spare. If you've not listened to them or 6 Music before I promise you'll be hooked! If not I'm about 1 hour and 10 minutes in.

RADCLIFFE & MACONIE SHOW

Also I often get asked what I use to listen to 6 in my truck. I bought a Pure Highway DAB radio a few years ago and it was honestly one the the best things I've ever bought for my lorry. Digital radio as I drive about. Worth it's weight in gold.

PURE HIGHWAY ON AMAZON

One tip though, I found the stick on windscreen ariel it comes with next to usless in a truck so I bought a mag mount one which is fantastic, I only lose signal in the most remote of places.

MAG MOUNT ARIEL

Finally I've popped up another poll on the right>>> I like these polls. 43% of you that voted are artic drivers, 20% which came from nowhere yesterday are never intending to be a driver and 12% are hoping to be a driver at some point. This time I'm interested how you found this site. I got 3,000 in an hour when I was on radio yesterday which was a bit mad, the power of Radcliffe & Maconie! I have been doing this site for a shade over a year and I'm still really amazed at how many hits it gets. I'm even more amazed it goes up every month! Its currently running at over 30,000 hits a month and rising. That's nuts!!! I just hope I can make it interesting enough to maintain the attention of all the visitors both new and old. Thank you very much indeed for visiting, it makes me very happy!


So anyway, that's enough of me banging on about digital radio 'n stuff. Have a splendid midweek everyone and I should have another video of my endless ramblings up this weekend.

Oh and one last thing *said in Coloumbo style* if your new here there are links to a Facebook page and my Twitter on the bar on the right. Feel free to come and be bombarded with the tweets and updates of a rambling buffoon. Be warned, I tweet a lot. Don't say I didn't warn you....

ONWARD...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A SHORT DAF XF REVIEW

DAF Review So, one of most common questions I'm asked lately is what I think of the DAF. Obviously for a long time time I've mostly driven Volvos and Scanias and before this job it was well over a decade since I last tramped full time in a DAF (for HSF). As you know though I had driven later models and hated the body XF with a passion!  When the current version came out DAF seemed very confidant it would change my mind about them in our Twitter exchanges but I thought how different can it be? The answer? A lot. In some ways its like a completely different truck despite being almost identical in looks. Firstly- the gearbox. The auto on previous DAFs was a fupping disaster and everyone knew it! Show, jerky and just generally rubbish in a way no auto should be this late in the day. That's completely changed, for the vast majority of the time it's indistinguishable from an iShift (that having long been the good standard). Yes it has its odd moments but they are very rare an...

Disaster!

Good Saturday to you. Something of a disaster has befallen the Trundlewagon videos. They've gone! So what was supposed to be a three part will now just have to suddenly end at part 2. Not entirely sure what happened there. So many apologies if you were waiting for the third part, you'll have to make do with my cycling rant! I promise I shall get filming soon. Will get started on the 'Lukes Top Tips' one soon! So as an apology here are a few more old pictures. An Oriel Jones F12. Beautiful truck. This was my Dads first local job after we moved to Wales. He was a mechanic/driver. He's actually back there now, just as a driver. But the abattoir is now owned by Dunbia and the transport is done by a chap called Brian Thomas who was a driver back then. Another pic is the Harris Plant Hire 2800 I think. My Dad was a mechanic here and it was them that gave me my first ever driving job driving a Moxy. The bloke that drove this lorry was in his 80's I think. He could bare...

Words Of Wisdom From My Comedy Idol Billy Connolly

Was tweeting about this last night and thought it would make a good post as it explains how I go about making my videos and podcasts- Oh Billy Connolly ❤️ An idol of mine. This is exactly how I do what I do. Not for a second claiming to be even 1% as clever or funny as Billy but all my videos & my podcasts are like this. Press record & see what happens. Nothing is ever planned. And like he said it is wildly exciting! I’m of average intelligence. Not particularly clever but one thing I do have is a relentlessly fast brain that NEVER stops thinking, at a million miles an hour. From the moment I wake up to the moment I fall asleep I’m thinking a million things at once. Possibly ADHD related. Can cause it’s own problems. It can be as exhausting as it sounds and I literally have no idea how to switch off. But I think the good outweighs the bad. So yeah I just turn the camera on, the voice recorder, or fire up the laptop to write an article and it all just flows, normally first take/...