Skip to main content

Update & Top Tips Videos

Good morning from me, Bertie, Holly and the good ship Norbay in a misty Liverpool (pictured below). Nice easy day for us today, well not the Norbay, just a spin down to Calais to swap trailers then up to my beloved London for a 24.

So to the point. I got a bit of grief on Irish Rigs this week from a chap who basically said my videos don't really show the reality of the job and a young driver starting out would be better off watching the ones he (or his mate) make. This actually bugged me quite a bit as I try to stick as much stuff in then to help young and new drivers as possible. So anyway the upside is while shaking my fist like an angry old man I shouted to myself 'I'LL SHOW HIM, I'LL START THE TOP TIPS VIDEOS'. So that's what I'm doing. The first one I'm doing now is tachos and hours. Sort of real world stuff that it's hard to teach in a class room. Plus each video will have other little bits, like this one has fuelling at a bunker site and buying Benelux tax so far. These are very much made with new drivers in mind so nobody think I'm trying to teach my granny to suck eggs. (I never saw my gran sucking an egg!). So I'll hopefully have that some for next week. Have filmed most of it, just need to get on a ferry tI show splitting rest.

Saw these two beauties in Boulogne fish market this week. I've seen the Scania before and I think it's one of the best looking trucks I've ever seen.

Also it's been brought to my attention I don't reply to questions on here. That's going to change. I pride myself on answering everybody else where but I let the one site I should be concentrating in slip. So from now on I'll be much more involved in the comment section. So post away!

#ONWARD>>>

Oh and thanks for all the support on Irish Rigs, it was basically just one man having a go. I'm not leaving again!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Driver CPC Reviews

So the courses are going fantastically well, interesting, with good participants the time seems to fly by. And surprise surprise I’m actually fairly OK at it! This post is where people who have been on my courses to leave a review in comments for promotional purposes! Have a great weekend all. Driver CPC Book H ere

#News: New DAF Released

Hello one and all. So after much talk the new DAF tulip wagon has been released. It’s rather good looking. The dash has had an entire revamp too making it so much more useable. Digital dash as is becoming the norm now. Bed much more useable. DAF already had the best bed in the business the past 20+ years so it’ll be interesting to see how this one compares. Also I think the extra window in the passenger door is a fantastic idea, though I can hear the drivers moaning about it already! The other day I was thinking about the Leyland Roadrunner. Remember they had an extra window in front? I was wondering why that never caught on. Personally I want as much visibility as possible. Also I imagine many will say how similar it is to other trucks. Fact is a truck now has very specific features that dictate what they look like so there’s fairly a small amount of flexibility designers have. Fuel consumption, cooling, GVW, safety all trump aesthetics.  https://linktr.ee/lorrydriverdotcom  ...

#ThrowbackThursday: Plain & Pretty

 #ThrowbackThursday: At Whites Transport Services Ltd I was mostly freelance and jumping from truck to truck covering holidays but I did have an allocated truck for a while. In a fleet that was full of high power flagships people are often surprised that this was my favourite. I just love how clean it looks. Only a 500 but enjoyable to drive too. Went all over in her, Italy, Germany, Spain, Austria etc. very enjoyable job that, pulling out of Dunbia Llanybydder near home, formerly Oriel Jones, and a lot of my childhood was spent in Oriel Jones lorries as my Dad worked for them.  The Best Driver CPCs In The World