Skip to main content

Good morrow

Hello chums I hope this Friday finds you well. I've just loaded in the midlands for Barcelona Monday so a nice easy run south for me among with materiel for a other video gram.
Its been a slightly eventful week, Holly was in for a service this week so the Scania dealer asked if we'd help deliver some Stobart lorries to their Dublin depot, so of course I jumped at the chance to fulfill a life long dream to drive a brand new truck belonging to Europes premier logistics experts ;-) So off I trundles in a low cab G400, literally no expense has been spent, and of course take some pictures to document reaching the pinnacle of  my driving career. Little did I know that posting them online would lead to the meltdown of a member on Trucknet, a member who doesn't consider me worthy of me even kissing a Stobart drivers boots. Its well worth a read if you want a laugh. Ady1 the member in question is (was) a prolific poster always saying how much he loves working for Stobart.


http://www.trucknetuk.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85548

And finally it may surprise some of you to hear I got bored of the iPhone! So I've got myself a beautiful new Nokia Lumia running Windows. I've had it a day playing with it and its a beauty  stunning to look at and the social media integration puts the iPhone to shame. I used to be a massive Nokia fan so its good to have one again. My first smartphone was a Nokia Communicator 13 years ago, yes THIRTEEN YEARS! The smartphone didn't arrive with the iPhone despite what some may think! And I think that phone was my favourite ever phone. I've still got one at home, will see if I can find it.
Anyhow have a great weekend all and of course ONWARD

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Driver CPC Reviews

So the courses are going fantastically well, interesting, with good participants the time seems to fly by. And surprise surprise I’m actually fairly OK at it! This post is where people who have been on my courses to leave a review in comments for promotional purposes! Have a great weekend all. Driver CPC Book H ere

#News: New DAF Released

Hello one and all. So after much talk the new DAF tulip wagon has been released. It’s rather good looking. The dash has had an entire revamp too making it so much more useable. Digital dash as is becoming the norm now. Bed much more useable. DAF already had the best bed in the business the past 20+ years so it’ll be interesting to see how this one compares. Also I think the extra window in the passenger door is a fantastic idea, though I can hear the drivers moaning about it already! The other day I was thinking about the Leyland Roadrunner. Remember they had an extra window in front? I was wondering why that never caught on. Personally I want as much visibility as possible. Also I imagine many will say how similar it is to other trucks. Fact is a truck now has very specific features that dictate what they look like so there’s fairly a small amount of flexibility designers have. Fuel consumption, cooling, GVW, safety all trump aesthetics.  https://linktr.ee/lorrydriverdotcom  ...

#TruckingDiaries Big Truck, Big Load, Big Hills!

So, was only 3/4 years in the making but here it is! Hope it’s worth the wait, I’m quite pleased with this one. www.buymeacoffee.com/lukevernon   https://linktr.ee/lorrydriverdotcom