Skip to main content

BERTIE NEEDS YOU!

Good day to you. If you are part of my Facebook or Twitter accounts you may know what I'm about to say, if not here goes. Yesterday I saw a little boy with his Dad in his truck. It made me smile as it always does because some of my best childhood memories are form my times trundling round with my Dad in the lorry. I tweeted about it and pointed out it's sad that it doesn't happen so much anymore. I then got quite a few pictures of drivers kids and their lorries which cheered me up no end. It's good to see that some companies still let kids get involved.

So anyhow, it gave me an idea. Which I'm gonna call Sir Bertie's Kids Corner! The idea is a page here on my website for kids. So what I'd like you to do is send pictures of your children when they've been for a spin in the lorry. Aware that not all kids are allowed I'd like pictures they've drawn of lorries too, either a pic of the drawing or you could take a picture of your child holding the picture up if they want to appear on Bertie's page! If I'm feeling brave in the future I may even get Bertie to do a video just for children, free of swearing of course. If any of you have ideas of what Bertie could do in this video please let me know and I'll pass it on to him. ;-)

So there we have it, I hope you like this idea. I really want to get kids involved and engaged with this industry in the same way I was and hopefully this little site and page can help a little in this area. So this is what I want from you-

Email pictures of drawings, your children holding the drawing or your children with your truck with a few notes about them like name age and other relevant stuff like trips they've been on with you etc. Please email them to- 

sir.bertie@gmail.com

If you look above now at the menu bar you'll see the Bertie's Kids Corner page, this is where everything will be. Thank you in advance and I hope this is a success! ONWARD>>>


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Driver CPC Reviews

So the courses are going fantastically well, interesting, with good participants the time seems to fly by. And surprise surprise I’m actually fairly OK at it! This post is where people who have been on my courses to leave a review in comments for promotional purposes! Have a great weekend all. Driver CPC Book H ere

#TruckingDiaries Big Truck, Big Load, Big Hills!

So, was only 3/4 years in the making but here it is! Hope it’s worth the wait, I’m quite pleased with this one. www.buymeacoffee.com/lukevernon   https://linktr.ee/lorrydriverdotcom    

Top Trucks No. 3

This is number 3 in my top truck countdown, as if anyone is interested in my waffle. So back in 2014 Volvo Trucks launched their new innovation, the Dual Clutch, basically it means seemless power transmission as it can pre engage the next gear meaning the revs don’t need to drop. As you’ll know I’m a huge fan of autos so this seemed rather exciting to me. I mentioned online about how much I wanted to drive one but that it may be a while as it was a cost extra. At this point Martin Tomlinson at Volvo Trucks UK messaged me to ask if I’d like their demonstrator for a week. You can guess my excitement! I got even more excited when Whites Transport Services Ltd who I was going to be using it for gave me a run to Italy, the Alps being the ultimate test for any vehicle. So, off we went max weight with a fridge full of lambs. Being a demonstrator from HQ meant this had every conceivable extra fitted and it was fantastic! The dual clutch turned out even better than expected. Not having to drop ...