Skip to main content

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

Hello everyone, hope you're all well. I'd just like to say one more thank you for all the wonderful kind messages and the amazing amount of money you've raised in my brothers memory. The funeral went well last week, well as well as a funeral could. The whole family have been so pleased with the money raised. As a little aside at the pub after the funeral where we had lots of pictures of Simon so I asked young Ellie which was her favourite picture of her Dad and after thinking and looking at them all she choose the one I took of him driving my lorry, the one on the charity page. That made a smile, and cry a bit. You never know how important a picture is going to be till later, my whole family hate me taking pictures of them! But thankfully I do it anyway. I'm going to get it made up and framed for her bedroom.

Anyway thank you. If you've sent me a message or commented I will get round to replying, as you can imagine its all been a bit chaotic. I'm planning on normal service resuming next week! ONWARD

www.justgiving.com/SimonWilliamVernon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Driver CPC Reviews

So the courses are going fantastically well, interesting, with good participants the time seems to fly by. And surprise surprise I’m actually fairly OK at it! This post is where people who have been on my courses to leave a review in comments for promotional purposes! Have a great weekend all. Driver CPC Book H ere

#TruckingDiaries Big Truck, Big Load, Big Hills!

So, was only 3/4 years in the making but here it is! Hope it’s worth the wait, I’m quite pleased with this one. www.buymeacoffee.com/lukevernon   https://linktr.ee/lorrydriverdotcom    

Top Trucks No. 3

This is number 3 in my top truck countdown, as if anyone is interested in my waffle. So back in 2014 Volvo Trucks launched their new innovation, the Dual Clutch, basically it means seemless power transmission as it can pre engage the next gear meaning the revs don’t need to drop. As you’ll know I’m a huge fan of autos so this seemed rather exciting to me. I mentioned online about how much I wanted to drive one but that it may be a while as it was a cost extra. At this point Martin Tomlinson at Volvo Trucks UK messaged me to ask if I’d like their demonstrator for a week. You can guess my excitement! I got even more excited when Whites Transport Services Ltd who I was going to be using it for gave me a run to Italy, the Alps being the ultimate test for any vehicle. So, off we went max weight with a fridge full of lambs. Being a demonstrator from HQ meant this had every conceivable extra fitted and it was fantastic! The dual clutch turned out even better than expected. Not having to drop ...