Skip to main content

THE TRUCKSHOW WEEKEND, NOW WITH VIDEO



How do friends. Hope everyone is enjoying the heatwave. As many of you may know I did the All Wales Truckshow the weekend just gone. The heat was stifiling making cleaning and polishing my lorry something of an ordeal. I had to have a lie down with the aircon on after. The chaps from the four lorries in the same row as me cleaned from start to finish and I'm not sure how they managed it without collapsing. Two of them quite rightly won trophies though so their hard work paid off.

Overall I was a little disappointed at the weekend to be honest. Unlike the show in Cavan last year very few people came over to say hello and not a single person wanted a picture with Bertie. The show was also smaller than I expected with fewer trade stands. The only saving grace was it was good to meet the few of you that did pluck up the courage to say hello and it was a good laugh being on the stand with Jason from Chrome Northwest. Oh and I got some lovely JCB work boots and a lovely chap from South Wales Fork Trucks www.southwalesforktrucks.co.uk managed to wangle me a free reversible JCB body warmer thats hiviz on one side. So now I have a hiviz for best when I want to create a good impression! They do a good selection of work wear, and fork lifts!

Anyhow, I took a few pictures from the weekend and thought some of you might want to see them. A video of the weekend will be uploaded soon.

All my cleaning stuff and help with polishing Lady Michelle was provided by-


And the charity we were collecting for was the fantastic Professional Drivers Foundation-


CLICK ON PICTURES TO MAKE LARGER















 Absolutely hideous! Theres a more serious review in the video
 Only thing I liked about the Renault was these 'hubcaps'. Anyone know if I can get some for my lorry?
 Was surprised that mine was the only 750. These weren't even FH16s

 The oldies were my faves!


 This was my favourite of the whole show. A load of old chaps were sat by it, one of which was the owner so I told them it was my favourite and one old codger made a joke that I didn't quite hear that seemed to be at my expense so I left with them seemingly laughing at me! So whilst I like the old lorries I'm not overly impressed with their owners.




Berite and Douglas having a chat before show day

 Ellie my lovely niece pitching in!





The pictures following are artwork done by a young 18 or 19 year old lad just starting out. His work is absolutely stunning. I think he was robbed of the best artwork prize and re-enforced my view that it was all a bit 'if your face fits'. He should have won without a shadow of a doubt. So anyway I said to him I'd give him a bit of a plug on my site and he seemed really pleased. He's a lovely chap and his work speaks for itself. So if you want any airbrushing he's your man.

07899966247



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Driver CPC Customer Digital Download Pack

PLEASE LEAVE A REVIEW IF HAPPY! (*if not let me know so we can resolve your issue!) No need to sign in or give your personal details. PLEASE LEAVE REVIEW HERE Top Tips Videos Guides EU Drivers Hours Guide Load Security Vehicle Weights Guidance Driving Licence Categories DVSA Driving Goods Vehicles Guide Highway Code Forms & check sites Check Driving Licence Become An LGV/PCV Driver (Application Forms) LGV/PCV Medical Forms Check Driver CPC Hours Report a Company or Driver Find a Weighbridge Social media TikTok Facebook www.twitter.com/lukevernon www.instagram.com/lorrydriverdotcom https://youtube.com/@lorrydriverdotcom https://www.linkedin.com/in/lorrydriverdotcom Click on images below to enlarge and save. Hope to see you again soon! PLEASE LEAVE REVIEW HERE! (No need to sign in)

External Transport Manager

Greetings friends. Just to let you know I’m available as an external transport manager in the Wales traffic area. Happy to do just the standard external TM thing or integrate it with social media promotion for your company. Pop me an email and we can have a chat about your requirements luke@lorry-driver.com   https://linktr.ee/lorrydriverdotcom