Skip to main content

Lukes Weekly Listening w/e 16th of June 


Hello chums. Second installment of my weekly listening post. I was on holiday with a friend in America last week and thankfully for £5 a day Vodafone let me use my phone as if I'm in UK, so we drove around streaming 6 Music & Radio 4.

Firstly the Today Programme. In my humble opinion it is the best news programme out there. The joys of iplayer meant we could listen as we set off in morning. If I don't listen to at least an hour my day feels off kilter.

Radio 4 Today Programme 21/6/17 (This is today's)

Farming Today - Another programme I love which is on before Today is Farming Today. If you have any interest in the world around you and what we eat you'll enjoy your 15 minute daily segment 

Tweet of the Day - Who else but Radio 4 would create a little slot called Tweet or the Day and make it about bird sounds!  

The Untold - The Untold is often great, though I find Grace Dents whisper somewhat irritating

Our Man in the Middle East - Our Man in the Middle East is 25 15 minute shows where Jeremy Bowen tells us what it was like to be the Middle East correspondent for many years. This series is honestly one of the best things I've heard on Radio 4. If you've any interest in ME it's a must listen

Just A Minute - Just a Minute, what is there to say? Always great.

Radcliffe & Maconie - One of radios most entertaining shows 

Mark Riley - One of the best shows on the radio for discovering new and interesting music.

MUSIC

Two of my all time favourite bands have released 3 tracks recently. Arcade Fire & The Killers.

Arcade Fire - Everything Now This track is immense! I love it. The video is simple but great. Listen to the lyrics. It makes me want to burn all my possessions and run away. 

Arcade Fire - Creature Comforts The second one released is even be than the first! Video was filmed in one take. Cant wait for the album.

The Killers - The Man just audio for this. I'm a huge Killers fan and this track blew me away. The more I listen the more I realise it's as good as anything they've ever made.

Below is some Spotify links to music I've been listening too. The Hans Zimmer soundtrack to my favourite film Interstellar is heavenly!

Hans Zimmer Interstellar Soundtrack

White Lies - To Lose My Life

The Midnight Juggernaut - The Crystal Axis

The Filthy Dukes - Nonsense in the Dark

Suede - Night Thoughts - one of my all time favourite bands. This album works best on a night drive imo

SO THERE WE HAVE IT. ANOTHER WEEKS LISTENING! FEEL FREE TO LEAVE A COMMENT  ABOUT MY CHOICES OR INDEED TO SUGGEST SOMETHING TO ME. 

#ONWARD 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Driver CPC Customer Digital Download Pack

PLEASE LEAVE A REVIEW IF HAPPY! (*if not let me know so we can resolve your issue!) No need to sign in or give your personal details. PLEASE LEAVE REVIEW HERE Top Tips Videos Guides EU Drivers Hours Guide Load Security Vehicle Weights Guidance Driving Licence Categories DVSA Driving Goods Vehicles Guide Highway Code Forms & check sites Check Driving Licence Become An LGV/PCV Driver (Application Forms) LGV/PCV Medical Forms Check Driver CPC Hours Report a Company or Driver Find a Weighbridge Social media TikTok Facebook www.twitter.com/lukevernon www.instagram.com/lorrydriverdotcom https://youtube.com/@lorrydriverdotcom https://www.linkedin.com/in/lorrydriverdotcom Click on images below to enlarge and save. Hope to see you again soon! PLEASE LEAVE REVIEW HERE! (No need to sign in)

External Transport Manager

Greetings friends. Just to let you know I’m available as an external transport manager in the Wales traffic area. Happy to do just the standard external TM thing or integrate it with social media promotion for your company. Pop me an email and we can have a chat about your requirements luke@lorry-driver.com   https://linktr.ee/lorrydriverdotcom