Skip to main content

Some Pretty Pictures

 Someone asked to see pictures of this so here she is. The Volvo Dual Clutch 540 I took to Italy to review. Actually probably no word of a lie the single best truck I’ve ever driven. The Virginia 750 will always be my favourite but technologically this was on another level entirely. The dual clutch is a sublime driving experience, the adaptive up and downhill as well as flat cruise control with engine brake makes everything so effortless. It literally went over the Alps with minimal driver intervention. Thanks to Martin Tomlinson at Volvo for making it possible and Pete White for giving me the perfect run and Truck & Driver Magazine for printing the review. Hope to get into reviews like this much more when driving again. Have a great day all.




Have a great evening all

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Driver CPC Reviews

So the courses are going fantastically well, interesting, with good participants the time seems to fly by. And surprise surprise I’m actually fairly OK at it! This post is where people who have been on my courses to leave a review in comments for promotional purposes! Have a great weekend all. Driver CPC Book H ere

#TruckingDiaries Big Truck, Big Load, Big Hills!

So, was only 3/4 years in the making but here it is! Hope it’s worth the wait, I’m quite pleased with this one. www.buymeacoffee.com/lukevernon   https://linktr.ee/lorrydriverdotcom    

Top Trucks No. 3

This is number 3 in my top truck countdown, as if anyone is interested in my waffle. So back in 2014 Volvo Trucks launched their new innovation, the Dual Clutch, basically it means seemless power transmission as it can pre engage the next gear meaning the revs don’t need to drop. As you’ll know I’m a huge fan of autos so this seemed rather exciting to me. I mentioned online about how much I wanted to drive one but that it may be a while as it was a cost extra. At this point Martin Tomlinson at Volvo Trucks UK messaged me to ask if I’d like their demonstrator for a week. You can guess my excitement! I got even more excited when Whites Transport Services Ltd who I was going to be using it for gave me a run to Italy, the Alps being the ultimate test for any vehicle. So, off we went max weight with a fridge full of lambs. Being a demonstrator from HQ meant this had every conceivable extra fitted and it was fantastic! The dual clutch turned out even better than expected. Not having to drop ...