Skip to main content

#ThrowbackThursday; Clarkes of London / Nolan Transport


Rare those two names in the title will ever have been written together and even rarer a picture of their vehicles together! Dad had my youngest brother Sam with him when he was in Smithfield Market so I popped round for a chat! A feature of mine and Dads working lives when I finally got to join him at Nolans and at all the other companies we followed each other round to, right up to now and MDS. Sam pictured (you can just see me in driving seat of coach in my uniform) now has his own beautiful two children and lovely wife and is in his 30’s. He’s a mechanic, just as Dad was for first half of his career. I tried to go down that route but my heart wasn’t in it, at all. So while my two years as an apprentice means I can do quite a lot, badly, a mechanic for a brother means I don’t have to! It’s funny to think that at this time Dad was the age I am now! Undecided yet if time flying by is a good or a bad thing! Does it fly by because our lives have been filled to bursting with enjoying life?! Would life seem longer if it were boring?! Profound questions I think you’ll agree.*

Here’s a picture of Sam and Bethan at their wedding! No Vernon can get married (tho he’s only one so far!) without a selection of vehicles. He arrived in a rally car. My lorry was just for decoration! Two throwback days for price of one! I’m too good to you!


*Taking piss here. I’m not quite that pretentious, yet.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Driver CPC Customer Digital Download Pack

PLEASE LEAVE A REVIEW IF HAPPY! (*if not let me know so we can resolve your issue!) No need to sign in or give your personal details. PLEASE LEAVE REVIEW HERE Top Tips Videos Guides EU Drivers Hours Guide Load Security Vehicle Weights Guidance Driving Licence Categories DVSA Driving Goods Vehicles Guide Highway Code Forms & check sites Check Driving Licence Become An LGV/PCV Driver (Application Forms) LGV/PCV Medical Forms Check Driver CPC Hours Report a Company or Driver Find a Weighbridge Social media TikTok Facebook www.twitter.com/lukevernon www.instagram.com/lorrydriverdotcom https://youtube.com/@lorrydriverdotcom https://www.linkedin.com/in/lorrydriverdotcom Click on images below to enlarge and save. Hope to see you again soon! PLEASE LEAVE REVIEW HERE! (No need to sign in)

External Transport Manager

Greetings friends. Just to let you know I’m available as an external transport manager in the Wales traffic area. Happy to do just the standard external TM thing or integrate it with social media promotion for your company. Pop me an email and we can have a chat about your requirements luke@lorry-driver.com   https://linktr.ee/lorrydriverdotcom