Skip to main content

#ThrowbackThursday


#ThrowbackThursday One of my favourite lorries Dad ever had. This was on a run to Madrid. She actually got more interest than the just out SuperSpaceCab would have being a Leyland cabbed DAF, super rare over there and Leyland DAF name almost unknown. I always loved the look of the Roadtrain and they looked great with the Leyland DAF grille. Complete with our ferry ticket I found the other day! DJ were new to international work and only really dallied with it, I noticed ticket was on Mansel Davies account, a company we’d both end up working for 20 years later, and they borrowed a DKV card from local coach company, Davies Bros! The place I started my driving career a couple of years after this! West Wales Transport is a small world!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Driver CPC Reviews

So the courses are going fantastically well, interesting, with good participants the time seems to fly by. And surprise surprise I’m actually fairly OK at it! This post is where people who have been on my courses to leave a review in comments for promotional purposes! Have a great weekend all. Driver CPC Book H ere

#News: New DAF Released

Hello one and all. So after much talk the new DAF tulip wagon has been released. It’s rather good looking. The dash has had an entire revamp too making it so much more useable. Digital dash as is becoming the norm now. Bed much more useable. DAF already had the best bed in the business the past 20+ years so it’ll be interesting to see how this one compares. Also I think the extra window in the passenger door is a fantastic idea, though I can hear the drivers moaning about it already! The other day I was thinking about the Leyland Roadrunner. Remember they had an extra window in front? I was wondering why that never caught on. Personally I want as much visibility as possible. Also I imagine many will say how similar it is to other trucks. Fact is a truck now has very specific features that dictate what they look like so there’s fairly a small amount of flexibility designers have. Fuel consumption, cooling, GVW, safety all trump aesthetics.  https://linktr.ee/lorrydriverdotcom  ...

#TruckingDiaries Big Truck, Big Load, Big Hills!

So, was only 3/4 years in the making but here it is! Hope it’s worth the wait, I’m quite pleased with this one. www.buymeacoffee.com/lukevernon   https://linktr.ee/lorrydriverdotcom