Skip to main content

#ONWARD! To The Future!

Prynhawn Da / Good Afternoon. Hope everyone is enjoying this glorious much needed weather. I woke up with the overwhelming desire to eat fish and chips by the sea, yes I’m a bit strange so I hopped on a bus (literally no word of a lie 9 minutes after getting out of bed) and went to Aberystwyth, which was busy. Whereas once busy places weren’t my thing now after all that’s happened and while things are still up in the air it’s a beautiful sight, not least for all the struggling businesses that have had a horrifying time. Bad anywhere but in a seaside resort even worse as they need a good summer to survive through winter.

Anyhow the bus journey was good for thinking and so I did some thinkings! About this site and my online activities. Time to stop, I shan’t be online again after today……..

Oh I do like to be beside the seaside and so on and so forth

TRICKED YA!!!¡* 😂 You should be so lucky! No as you may have noticed I’ve started to push the blog and my activities in a direction where I treat it like a job. I started doing this a few months ago after thinking about the generosity of people makes it into a paying job. Previously I liked filming the videos but I often found making them and using the blog a little tedious. Approaching it from the work angle has totally transformed my view of it and I now love it. Think that might be the workaholic in me. So yes I came up with several new video ideas which I’ll tell you about soon and a general direction for us to head. 

Seems my opinionated sometimes shouty videos are very popular. I never expected that I thought it would turn people off! But that fact too has given me a new lease of life and many ideas. Wether anyone would ever take me seriously as a driver representative (Bertie fell over and spilled his condiments laughing about that) remains to be seen but I would really like to get out there to change things, even if only a little. We as drivers are crying out for someone, anyone to put our side and our views. And it would be OUR views.

As I said in a recent video all these #DriverShortage bigwigs seem to wilfully or otherwise totally ignore drivers. How they think it’s acceptable for a load of managers & directors to sit round a table talking about things that will directly affect our lives and sometimes our health without so much as a word from us is actually I think shocking. We need to force ourselves into these places as only then will they understand many of the decisions they are making about us, without us. So you can help by sharing posts or videos you think worthy of sharing, also point me to stories or  updates you’ve seen, and leaving comments or emails about how you feel, I’ve been getting so many I’m struggling to reply to every single one but I do read them all and read many very interesting comments.

So anyway the whole reason I am posting which I forgot about till this far in? Days off! I need to organise things better and set time aside for rest etc. So in terms of opinion videos/posts, #DriverShortage videos/posts and #TopTips videos they will be my Monday to Friday job. After all many of the people we are targeting don’t work weekends anyway!  I shall still post at weekends but just pictures or trip videos unless a super important issue can’t wait.

Also some really exciting Truck & Driver stuff coming up soon. Well, I think it’s exciting so we’ll see. Hoping to write much more for T&D going forward (I’m using office guff like ‘going forwardI’ already)

New #DriverShortage vid tomorrow.

And finally in other news I’m hoping to film my first #DayInTheLife video in the next couple of weeks. I’m looking forward to it and think it could be a great series going forward. 

NOTE!- Put any opinions you have contrary to mine or other peoples politely like a grown up. Far too many, not on this site thankfully, treat a disagreement as a personal attack. Also I’ve no problem with swearing but YouTube does so comments with them in Have to be approved. Anyone know if I can turn that off?

A DVLA petition set up by someone else- DVLA Petition

Still waiting on the shambolic DVLA so not at work yet.

 REMINDER! NEW EMAIL. FORGET PREVIOUS-

luke@lorry-driver.com 

www.buymeacoffee.com/lukevernon 

https://linktr.ee/lorrydriverdotcom 

*Yes, I’m like a child. That’s a twat. A twatty moon faced child. Eating chips.

Chips & cold beer by Cardigan Bay.
Does life get any better?!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Driver CPC Customer Digital Download Pack

PLEASE LEAVE A REVIEW IF HAPPY! (*if not let me know so we can resolve your issue!) No need to sign in or give your personal details. PLEASE LEAVE REVIEW HERE Top Tips Videos Guides EU Drivers Hours Guide Load Security Vehicle Weights Guidance Driving Licence Categories DVSA Driving Goods Vehicles Guide Highway Code Forms & check sites Check Driving Licence Become An LGV/PCV Driver (Application Forms) LGV/PCV Medical Forms Check Driver CPC Hours Report a Company or Driver Find a Weighbridge Social media TikTok Facebook www.twitter.com/lukevernon www.instagram.com/lorrydriverdotcom https://youtube.com/@lorrydriverdotcom https://www.linkedin.com/in/lorrydriverdotcom Click on images below to enlarge and save. Hope to see you again soon! PLEASE LEAVE REVIEW HERE! (No need to sign in)

External Transport Manager

Greetings friends. Just to let you know I’m available as an external transport manager in the Wales traffic area. Happy to do just the standard external TM thing or integrate it with social media promotion for your company. Pop me an email and we can have a chat about your requirements luke@lorry-driver.com   https://linktr.ee/lorrydriverdotcom  

Is It OK To Be Unambitious?

Is ambition essential? Should we always strive for more? Some of us just don’t want to.  In my office last night bopping away to music writing a PowerPoint Driver CPC course and I just realised how happy it makes me. I never expected to find something that would switch me on as much as driving did but somehow I have. That's key with an ADHD addled brain...stuff needs to switch you on. If it doesn’t it’s pointless trying to make it as it never will. It's why my brief period as a transport manager was a disaster! That & fact I don't want to manage anyone. I'm the opposite of power hungry, I'm power allergic, I don’t want to be in charge of anyone, ever. Unfashionable to say in this modern world but all I want from my little business is a comfortable happy life. No ambitions to grow it, no ambitions to employ anyone, no ambitions to get rich. I’ve never actually had any interest in money at all. Happiness is my currency. Also explains why I’m usually broke! It’s ta