Skip to main content

Universal Credit Woes


I wrote this for LinkedIn today and thought some of you may like to read it. Basically it’s just what I say in the video-

One thing I’ve learnt from my brush with death- have a back up. After 25 years working, not only working but a workaholic, with only 3 or 4 days off sick in all that time I thought the money would just keep rolling in, stupidly. Then I nearly die when I crash my car into a gate post and was flown to hospital and family are told I probably won’t make it! But I did…….so…….

I was smashed to bits and leaving hospital 5 weeks later unable to walk weeks before they normally would send you home because covid cases started coming in. My Mum and Sister had so much stress dealing with Universal Credit, not least keeping my house but thanks to financial help from them and friends I did. Been fit for work for months and months, I’m fighting fellow incompetent s**tshow government department DVLA to get my licence back. 

If it returns today I’ll be working tomorrow. It’s that f**king simple. I’ve spent 25 years on the roads of Europe, spending my days on my sofa isn’t my preferred activity! I politely tell Universal Credit this every time they inflict another bullshit call on me. What do they say? ‘We’ll make a note on your account’………MAKE A F***KING NOTE?! HOW ABOUT YOU CALL THEM FFS*! Why don’t you help get things moving FFS. 

They lost my proof of housing Monday, no idea why they want it now, nothing has changed and by ten am Tuesday I had a letter claiming back every penny they had given me towards rent. 10am. They’d been in work 1 hour. One hour, yet if you needed anything from them you just know it’ll take weeks. And why would you claim back benefits you assessed as entitled to?! 

Anyway more in video. I’m just sick of being treated by the government after a documented verifiable 25 year work history, 25 years paying tax, 25 years costing the government NOTHING before last year, no claims, no hospital visits etc the one time I need them, the one time my entire life has self destructed, they heap a mountain of stress on me by treating me like a criminal and talking down to me. All for £750 a month, that doesn’t even cover everything and I have to borrow money weekly from Mum for shopping. 

Don’t let that be you. Build a emergency fund up. And if you never need it, as I hope you never do, great, leave it to your kids or family in your will! It will take a while but my aim when working is to pay off my debts, never get into debt again, and build a years income up. A years income from work could support me for over 3 years when everything is stripped back. And trust me if you need the DVLA to do anything it will be years. (*I’ve never spoken to them like this, I’m always super polite and friendly on phone, no one deserves abuse at work, no matter how incompetent they are. I’m just screaming that I’m my head!) 

And thank you so very much for all the donations you’ve given. It’s truly remarkable how generous you all are. You’ve helped so very much so diolch yn fawr pawb/ thank you very much all.

Haves great afternoon all

BuyMeACoffee

#LorryDriverDotCom LinkTree

Email 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Driver CPC Customer Digital Download Pack

PLEASE LEAVE A REVIEW IF HAPPY! (*if not let me know so we can resolve your issue!) No need to sign in or give your personal details. PLEASE LEAVE REVIEW HERE Top Tips Videos Guides EU Drivers Hours Guide Load Security Vehicle Weights Guidance Driving Licence Categories DVSA Driving Goods Vehicles Guide Highway Code Forms & check sites Check Driving Licence Become An LGV/PCV Driver (Application Forms) LGV/PCV Medical Forms Check Driver CPC Hours Report a Company or Driver Find a Weighbridge Social media TikTok Facebook www.twitter.com/lukevernon www.instagram.com/lorrydriverdotcom https://youtube.com/@lorrydriverdotcom https://www.linkedin.com/in/lorrydriverdotcom Click on images below to enlarge and save. Hope to see you again soon! PLEASE LEAVE REVIEW HERE! (No need to sign in)

External Transport Manager

Greetings friends. Just to let you know I’m available as an external transport manager in the Wales traffic area. Happy to do just the standard external TM thing or integrate it with social media promotion for your company. Pop me an email and we can have a chat about your requirements luke@lorry-driver.com   https://linktr.ee/lorrydriverdotcom