Skip to main content

#ThrowbackThursday; Sort Of…….

I used to work for this lads uncle, Pete Lloyd as an apprentice forestry engineer (My second full time job, nearly 25 years ago), This chap was a young child at time! I’m Feeling old! Not an owner driver, he has several lorries I believe, and his Dad Steve is/was(?) a forestry contractor with amazing Ponsse machines and you’d often find me laying in mud in a Welsh forest servicing them. Trust me, a harvester has A LOT of oil!

*I got the sack from Pete after I had a week off to do my Transport Managers CPC! ‘You clearly don’t see your long term future in forestry!’ and he was right and it was fair enough. It kicked started my driving career, my next job was a bus driver for Davies Bros (Pencader) Ltd. (Davies Bros were my first job out of school as an apprentice mechanic)

Sorry went on a bit there

Thanks for watching the new video.

www.buymeacoffee.com/lukevernon 

https://linktr.ee/lorrydriverdotcom 

NOTE:- If you’re driver or owner of any truck I photograph and want a copy without watermarks just email me at luke@lorry-driver.com  and I’ll send.



 Buy me a coffeeBuy me a coffee

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Driver CPC Customer Digital Download Pack

PLEASE LEAVE A REVIEW IF HAPPY! (*if not let me know so we can resolve your issue!) No need to sign in or give your personal details. PLEASE LEAVE REVIEW HERE Top Tips Videos Guides EU Drivers Hours Guide Load Security Vehicle Weights Guidance Driving Licence Categories DVSA Driving Goods Vehicles Guide Highway Code Forms & check sites Check Driving Licence Become An LGV/PCV Driver (Application Forms) LGV/PCV Medical Forms Check Driver CPC Hours Report a Company or Driver Find a Weighbridge Social media TikTok Facebook www.twitter.com/lukevernon www.instagram.com/lorrydriverdotcom https://youtube.com/@lorrydriverdotcom https://www.linkedin.com/in/lorrydriverdotcom Click on images below to enlarge and save. Hope to see you again soon! PLEASE LEAVE REVIEW HERE! (No need to sign in)

Australia Getting A Big DAF!

Australia is getting a 660 DAF. I wonder if we will see them on our shores eventually. DAF have never really played the big power game and left it to Volvo Trucks & Scania till now. The big XG+ with 660hp would be an incredibly attractive prospect. https://bigrigs.com.au/2023/05/19/first-look-at-daf-xg-660-at-brisbane-truck-show/

Is It OK To Be Unambitious?

Is ambition essential? Should we always strive for more? Some of us just don’t want to.  In my office last night bopping away to music writing a PowerPoint Driver CPC course and I just realised how happy it makes me. I never expected to find something that would switch me on as much as driving did but somehow I have. That's key with an ADHD addled brain...stuff needs to switch you on. If it doesn’t it’s pointless trying to make it as it never will. It's why my brief period as a transport manager was a disaster! That & fact I don't want to manage anyone. I'm the opposite of power hungry, I'm power allergic, I don’t want to be in charge of anyone, ever. Unfashionable to say in this modern world but all I want from my little business is a comfortable happy life. No ambitions to grow it, no ambitions to employ anyone, no ambitions to get rich. I’ve never actually had any interest in money at all. Happiness is my currency. Also explains why I’m usually broke! It’s ta...