Skip to main content

New DAF & Volvo

Hullo friends, hope everyone’s week started as you hoped it would. If it didn’t, well, sorry, tomorrow is another day, everything looks worse when tired. Unless it really is a pile of shit!

So anyway, I’m waffling you may have seen me mention that I’ll be going to see some super interesting new trucks this week and these are two of them (3rd revealed soon, super interesting, but not Broughtons). The DAF XG+ in particular I’m really interested to see, I’ve not actually seen one in the flesh yet. The size of the cab is bonkers, I’m not entirely sure how they’ve managed it but manage it DAF have. Rarely considered in same league by many as Volvo or Scania but DAF have been kings of the big cab for 40 years. When the 95 SuperSpaceCab came out it dwarfed everything else on the market and this looks like it’ll take the battle right up to the Scandinavians front door (tho in U.K. the XF has been the best selling tractor unit for over 25 years).

So yes, watch this space, follow me on twitter/Instagram/Facebook for real time info and should have the videos about them up next week at some point. Be a video for each. 

Have a great evening all. Thank you for the continuing help.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Driver CPC Reviews

So the courses are going fantastically well, interesting, with good participants the time seems to fly by. And surprise surprise I’m actually fairly OK at it! This post is where people who have been on my courses to leave a review in comments for promotional purposes! Have a great weekend all. Driver CPC Book H ere

#TruckingDiaries Big Truck, Big Load, Big Hills!

So, was only 3/4 years in the making but here it is! Hope it’s worth the wait, I’m quite pleased with this one. www.buymeacoffee.com/lukevernon   https://linktr.ee/lorrydriverdotcom    

Top Trucks No. 3

This is number 3 in my top truck countdown, as if anyone is interested in my waffle. So back in 2014 Volvo Trucks launched their new innovation, the Dual Clutch, basically it means seemless power transmission as it can pre engage the next gear meaning the revs don’t need to drop. As you’ll know I’m a huge fan of autos so this seemed rather exciting to me. I mentioned online about how much I wanted to drive one but that it may be a while as it was a cost extra. At this point Martin Tomlinson at Volvo Trucks UK messaged me to ask if I’d like their demonstrator for a week. You can guess my excitement! I got even more excited when Whites Transport Services Ltd who I was going to be using it for gave me a run to Italy, the Alps being the ultimate test for any vehicle. So, off we went max weight with a fridge full of lambs. Being a demonstrator from HQ meant this had every conceivable extra fitted and it was fantastic! The dual clutch turned out even better than expected. Not having to drop ...