Skip to main content

#TruckingDiaries NEW ITALY VIDEO!

On Facebook other day someone said what would you tell 18 year old you if you could and I said jokingly ‘give up now’ 😂 ( sounded funny in my head). Making the latest Italy video made me realise one thing- so far I’ve led the life I always dreamed of. And you can’t ever get any better than that.

So if 18 year old Luke met 44 year old Luke he would leave the encounter very happy even after he discovers I’m still an idiot 26 years later 😂 An unemployed one with a boggle-eye. Enormous lows (unemployment isn’t one) are greatly outnumbered by the ridiculous number of highs. Many of which are in my videos. Driving over the Alps for instance never gets old, always takes my breath away. Showing the world as I see it, to share my excitement in it was entire reason for starting videos…..13 years ago! 

One of the biggest and best lessons I ever learned I learned from my brush with death. A lesson on how to put things in perspective. Any day you get to wake up in your own bed and get out of it is a great day from that moment. Be happy. Be kind. Make most of your health. And if you can’t/don’t have it I really hope things get better for you.

And thanks to all of you that made it so worthwhile and enjoyable. New video this week. Goodnight #ONWARD!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Driver CPC Reviews

So the courses are going fantastically well, interesting, with good participants the time seems to fly by. And surprise surprise I’m actually fairly OK at it! This post is where people who have been on my courses to leave a review in comments for promotional purposes! Have a great weekend all. Driver CPC Book H ere

#TruckingDiaries Big Truck, Big Load, Big Hills!

So, was only 3/4 years in the making but here it is! Hope it’s worth the wait, I’m quite pleased with this one. www.buymeacoffee.com/lukevernon   https://linktr.ee/lorrydriverdotcom    

Top Trucks No. 3

This is number 3 in my top truck countdown, as if anyone is interested in my waffle. So back in 2014 Volvo Trucks launched their new innovation, the Dual Clutch, basically it means seemless power transmission as it can pre engage the next gear meaning the revs don’t need to drop. As you’ll know I’m a huge fan of autos so this seemed rather exciting to me. I mentioned online about how much I wanted to drive one but that it may be a while as it was a cost extra. At this point Martin Tomlinson at Volvo Trucks UK messaged me to ask if I’d like their demonstrator for a week. You can guess my excitement! I got even more excited when Whites Transport Services Ltd who I was going to be using it for gave me a run to Italy, the Alps being the ultimate test for any vehicle. So, off we went max weight with a fridge full of lambs. Being a demonstrator from HQ meant this had every conceivable extra fitted and it was fantastic! The dual clutch turned out even better than expected. Not having to drop ...