Skip to main content

#ThrowbackThursday: Virginia, again!

 


#ThrowbackThursday: Growing up with the wonderful father I have, not only was my dream to drive trucks set almost before I could walk but I also came to want a career like his. Jumping all over the place from job to job constantly. Back when we were kids he could leave for one job in the morning and come home from a different one. He wasn’t a full time lorry driver till his late 30’s I think, he started out a mechanic, one of the best mechanics you’ll ever meet. Wasn’t for me tho, driving is for me!

As a result, operators who basically only did one type of work didn’t attract me hugely, tho had a great time working for HSF. It was more about a job with HSF coming at the right time. I initially called Virginia as they looked more my sort of company, and it turned out they were. I’ve had 25 jobs in 26 years…….but spent 9 years at Virginia which I think tells its own story. Partly it was because of the sheer incredible variety on offer. You’d as likely find me on a building site covered in mud as you would tipping transformers through the sliding roof to glass bottles for Quinn to pulling a flat to doing Multidrop meat work in U.K. to the same across Europe to refrigerated hazardous goods to Hungary to overnight parcel trunks to car parts to factories to a Jewish groups food to a Greek island to hanging meat across Europe to fruit & veg…..and lots I’ve probably forgotten. THAT is my kind of transport, genuine general haulage in a world where general haulage has become a bit unfashionable sadly.

I know some think I go on about Virginia International Logistics a lot and sometimes I do, but they are a huge part of my career. I also talk about Whites Transport Services Ltd a lot, Broughton Transport Solutions Ltd, Nolan Transport etc. I talk about them because I have had a great time everywhere I’ve worked, you you seem to enjoy the stories and I enjoy telling them. When I get my licence back will you see me driving a Virginia lorry again? I’ve come to conclusion that it's fairly likely, if they’d have me. But I’d got back to nearly all of my jobs. Except White who somewhat selfishly with no consideration for me sold up. I’m determined to go for a spin in the 770 tho 😂. I’ll probably have to steal it.

Planning to visit Ireland to see Virginia and DRIVE WITH IG towards the end of this month or beginning of next so watch this space, lots of content coming. 

What’s your work of choice? Have a great afternoon.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Driver CPC Customer Digital Download Pack

PLEASE LEAVE A REVIEW IF HAPPY! (*if not let me know so we can resolve your issue!) No need to sign in or give your personal details. PLEASE LEAVE REVIEW HERE Top Tips Videos Guides EU Drivers Hours Guide Load Security Vehicle Weights Guidance Driving Licence Categories DVSA Driving Goods Vehicles Guide Highway Code Forms & check sites Check Driving Licence Become An LGV/PCV Driver (Application Forms) LGV/PCV Medical Forms Check Driver CPC Hours Report a Company or Driver Find a Weighbridge Social media TikTok Facebook www.twitter.com/lukevernon www.instagram.com/lorrydriverdotcom https://youtube.com/@lorrydriverdotcom https://www.linkedin.com/in/lorrydriverdotcom Click on images below to enlarge and save. Hope to see you again soon! PLEASE LEAVE REVIEW HERE! (No need to sign in)

Vernons Vehicles & Vittels

Hello peeps. Sorry for the lack of updates of late. Here be another video, they have become a sort of a hybrid of driving and cooking, so I hope this meets your approval. Feel free to comments below.