Skip to main content

Top Trucks Number 1

There was never any doubt which truck would be number one in my top 3 was there. The good ship Lady Michelle. I’ll never not love this truck as it was probably the vehicle that most of my dreams came true in, and some dreams I didn’t realise I had until the big Volvo popped up!

As you’ll remember I was in a 2010 Scania R440 Topline. When those 2 440’s came so many people thought I was mad giving up an R500 V8 for a 440, but that I did. It was the first new truck ever allocated to me and moving into a box fresh truck is wonderful, everything works and no one has farted on the bed, yet and it’s automatic. Plus I’ve never been bothered about power, somewhat ironically as it turns out of course.

Coming up to Virginias 30th birthday I joked with Dad that I should ask for a big power lorry to celebrate the anniversary, but wasn’t serious as I thought it unlikely…….but then one day in the yard Sean told me that they had a 750 coming and it was for me, I nearly fainted! It was sort of surreal, not only power but being trusted with the most expensive truck they’d ever bought! Even more remarkable that only a year before I’d put the R440 on its side in a ditch!

The weeks waiting were painful! Then when I saw pictures of her in the yard I was cursing that I was still in the bloody U.K.! But I got there in the end and she looked even better than the photos.
Her first engagement was to look pretty outside the venue they threw a party for the anniversary. I still couldn’t believe it was mine every time I looked out the window at it, wishing I could just put a trailer on it and drive off, but that had to wait, only till next day.

Ithink we all probably imbibed a few too many at the party and come next morning I woke up with the hangover from hell. I’m a very occasional drinker so get drunk easily. I had to pull myself together as I needed to go to Rosslare for the direct boat as I was off to Portugal but catch the boat we did. My first day in her was certainly memorable, for all the wrong reasons, maybe it was a portent of doom!

So began another amazing chapter of my already amazing life, god this makes me sound so smug…….but that’s a story for another day.

(Virginia still have it, it’s not the sort of thing you sell in this case)

Happy New Year friends, I hope we all have a good one x







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Driver CPC Reviews

So the courses are going fantastically well, interesting, with good participants the time seems to fly by. And surprise surprise I’m actually fairly OK at it! This post is where people who have been on my courses to leave a review in comments for promotional purposes! Have a great weekend all. Driver CPC Book H ere

#News: New DAF Released

Hello one and all. So after much talk the new DAF tulip wagon has been released. It’s rather good looking. The dash has had an entire revamp too making it so much more useable. Digital dash as is becoming the norm now. Bed much more useable. DAF already had the best bed in the business the past 20+ years so it’ll be interesting to see how this one compares. Also I think the extra window in the passenger door is a fantastic idea, though I can hear the drivers moaning about it already! The other day I was thinking about the Leyland Roadrunner. Remember they had an extra window in front? I was wondering why that never caught on. Personally I want as much visibility as possible. Also I imagine many will say how similar it is to other trucks. Fact is a truck now has very specific features that dictate what they look like so there’s fairly a small amount of flexibility designers have. Fuel consumption, cooling, GVW, safety all trump aesthetics.  https://linktr.ee/lorrydriverdotcom  ...

#TruckingDiaries Big Truck, Big Load, Big Hills!

So, was only 3/4 years in the making but here it is! Hope it’s worth the wait, I’m quite pleased with this one. www.buymeacoffee.com/lukevernon   https://linktr.ee/lorrydriverdotcom