Skip to main content

Top Trucks Number 1

There was never any doubt which truck would be number one in my top 3 was there. The good ship Lady Michelle. I’ll never not love this truck as it was probably the vehicle that most of my dreams came true in, and some dreams I didn’t realise I had until the big Volvo popped up!

As you’ll remember I was in a 2010 Scania R440 Topline. When those 2 440’s came so many people thought I was mad giving up an R500 V8 for a 440, but that I did. It was the first new truck ever allocated to me and moving into a box fresh truck is wonderful, everything works and no one has farted on the bed, yet and it’s automatic. Plus I’ve never been bothered about power, somewhat ironically as it turns out of course.

Coming up to Virginias 30th birthday I joked with Dad that I should ask for a big power lorry to celebrate the anniversary, but wasn’t serious as I thought it unlikely…….but then one day in the yard Sean told me that they had a 750 coming and it was for me, I nearly fainted! It was sort of surreal, not only power but being trusted with the most expensive truck they’d ever bought! Even more remarkable that only a year before I’d put the R440 on its side in a ditch!

The weeks waiting were painful! Then when I saw pictures of her in the yard I was cursing that I was still in the bloody U.K.! But I got there in the end and she looked even better than the photos.
Her first engagement was to look pretty outside the venue they threw a party for the anniversary. I still couldn’t believe it was mine every time I looked out the window at it, wishing I could just put a trailer on it and drive off, but that had to wait, only till next day.

Ithink we all probably imbibed a few too many at the party and come next morning I woke up with the hangover from hell. I’m a very occasional drinker so get drunk easily. I had to pull myself together as I needed to go to Rosslare for the direct boat as I was off to Portugal but catch the boat we did. My first day in her was certainly memorable, for all the wrong reasons, maybe it was a portent of doom!

So began another amazing chapter of my already amazing life, god this makes me sound so smug…….but that’s a story for another day.

(Virginia still have it, it’s not the sort of thing you sell in this case)

Happy New Year friends, I hope we all have a good one x







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Driver CPC Customer Digital Download Pack

PLEASE LEAVE A REVIEW IF HAPPY! (*if not let me know so we can resolve your issue!) No need to sign in or give your personal details. PLEASE LEAVE REVIEW HERE Top Tips Videos Guides EU Drivers Hours Guide Load Security Vehicle Weights Guidance Driving Licence Categories DVSA Driving Goods Vehicles Guide Highway Code Forms & check sites Check Driving Licence Become An LGV/PCV Driver (Application Forms) LGV/PCV Medical Forms Check Driver CPC Hours Report a Company or Driver Find a Weighbridge Social media TikTok Facebook www.twitter.com/lukevernon www.instagram.com/lorrydriverdotcom https://youtube.com/@lorrydriverdotcom https://www.linkedin.com/in/lorrydriverdotcom Click on images below to enlarge and save. Hope to see you again soon! PLEASE LEAVE REVIEW HERE! (No need to sign in)

More video buffoonery

Good morning friends. Part 2 of Vernons Vehicles & Vittles is upon us for your delight and delectation, or dismay and dispair, whichever you prefer. Have a good weekend all.